Pata Kare-Kare Recipe (Party)
Serve this guaranteed pleaser for your next family dinner!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork, Del Monte Quick 'n Easy & Pinoy Dishes
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 15 mins.
Serving Size : 30
- 3 3/5 kg pork, pata front, cut up
- 6 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 6 Tbsp patis
- 9 cup water
- 6 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g)
- 2 cup eggplant, sliced
- 2 cup puso ng saging/banana heart, trimmed and sliced
- 3 cup sitaw/yardlong beans, cut into 3-inch long pieces
- 4 cup pechay Tagalog
- 3/4 cup bagoong alamang
1. Rub pata with garlic and patis. Boil in enough water for 45 minutes. Drain, discard the broth.
2. Add 9 cups water to the pata. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
3. When the meat is tender, transfer into a bowl. Retain only 4 1/2 cups broth in pan. Add DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix and vegetables except pechay. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add pechay. Simmer for 3 minutes then add back to the meat. Serve with sautéed bagoong alamang.