Frozen Fruit Cake Salad Recipe
End the celebration on a sweet note with this frozen fruity dessert.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Preparation Time : 25 min.
Cooking Time : 2 hrs. and 5 mins.
Serving Size : 12
FOR THE CUSTARD
- 2/3 cup milk, evaporated
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar, white
- 2 pcs egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp margarine
FOR THE FRUIT MIXTURE
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1 can condensed milk (300ml)
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 24 pcs broas
1. TO MAKE THE CUSTARD: In a bowl, combine half of milk, half of sugar, egg yolks, and cornstarch. Stir well.
2. In a pot, simmer the other half of milk, water, other half of sugar, and margarine until bubbles start appearing on the sides of the pot. Pour over bowl of egg yolk mixture then stir.
3. Place strainer over the same pot and pour over the combined mixture. Remove strainer and cook custard over low heat until mixture starts to thicken. Turn off heat and continue stirring. Set aside.
4. TO MAKE THE FRUIT MIXTURE: In a bowl, combine DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail with other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Set aside in the chiller.
5. Using an 8 x 12-inch pan, arrange half of broas to cover the bottom of the pan. Drizzle with fruit cocktail syrup. Set aside.
6. Combine fruit mixture and custard. Pour half of it over prepared broas and layer another set of broas on top of mixture. Pour remaining mixture on top. Cover with clingwrap and freeze for 1 hour or overnight.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon