Fruits For the Gods Recipe
The gods will surely love this heavenly treat, filled with yummy tropical fruit bits.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 23 mins.
Serving Size : 24
- oil, for greasing
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained for 2-3 hours
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar, white
- 3/4 cup sugar, brown
- 3 pc egg
- 1 cup cashew nuts, toasted, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
3. Take 1/2 cup of this mixture and mix with DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail and raisins. Set aside.
4. Cream butter until soft and fluffy. Add sugars and blend well.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the flour mixture.
6. Add cashew and fruit cocktail mixture. Stir to completely blend batter.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes. Lower heat to 350°F and continue baking for 50 minutes. Cool slightly then cut into bars.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- 12" x 8" Rectangular Pan
- Chopping Board