Hot and Sour Soup Recipe
This soup with warm, bold flavors is great for cold days.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Soup, Vegetable & Del Monte Condiments
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 24 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 6 cup water
- 1 1/2 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup labong (bamboo shoot), cut into thin strips then boiled in water until tender
- 1/2 cup tenga ng daga, rehydrated, drained and cut into strips
- 1 cup tofu, medium diced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp siling labuyo, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar, white
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp spring onion, chopped
1. Bring the water with chicken bouillon cube to a boil then add cooked labong, tenga ng daga, and soft tofu. Turn down to simmer.
2. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and siling labuyo. Allow vinegar to boil before mixing.
3. Bring the soup to a boil. Add cornstarch mixture. Mix well until thick.
4. Add sesame oil. Garnish with spring onions. Serve immediately.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon