Longganisa Omurice Recipe
Prepare this Japanese dish with a Filipino breakfast twist.
Categories : Main Dish, Rice, Pork & Del Monte Condiments
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 18 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 4 pc egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 200 g longganisa, Lukban, chopped
- 4 cup rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup DEL MONTE Sweet Blend Ketchup (320g)
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper then fry. Cut into strips then set aside.
- Put water in a pan then add longganisa. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until dry.
- Fry longganisa in its oil until brown then add cooked rice and DEL MONTE Sweet Blend Ketchup. Mix well.
- Divide the fried rice into 4 bowls. Top with fried scrambled egg and green onions then drizzle with DEL MONTE Sweet Blend Ketchup.
This twist on rice bowl is a good source of protein and vitamin A. Protein helps in the regulation and maintenance of the body's fluid balance while vitamin A promotes healthy skin and normal vision.
Cooking the longganisa in some water helps in rendering the fat. Water helps in distributing the heat evenly so the fat melts faster with little or no additional fat required.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon