Tuna Paksiw Recipe
Add a pineapple twist to this meaty favorite.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Pineapple
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 20 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 500 g tuna steak, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g)
- 1/4 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, white, cut into rings
- 1 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 1 pc siling haba
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp peppercorn, black
- 1 tsp salt, rock
- Arrange fish in a pan.
- Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits and its syrup, DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar, water, garlic, onion, ginger, siling haba, oil, and peppercorn. Bring to a boil then simmer uncovered for 2 minutes, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt.
This dish is high in vitamin A which helps maintain healthy skin and normal vision. It is also high in niacin that promotes normal digestion.
Tuna dries out easily. Simmer until just cooked through to avoid overcooking.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment