Pine Mexican Macaroni Salad Recipe
The flavors of Mexico blend with this refreshing macaroni salad recipe!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta, Del Monte Pasta & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 51 mins.
Serving Size : 10
- 500 g chicken, breast fillet
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper, black
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni (400g), cooked
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (822g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1/2 cup onion, red, finely chopped
- 1 can red kidney beans (432g)
- 1 can whole kernel corn (410g)
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Marinate chicken in lime juice, salt, and pepper for 30 minutes. Grill until cooked then shred. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, pepper, salt, cumin, lime juice, and reserved pineapple syrup.
3. Add in DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni, DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, chicken, red onions, red beans, and whole corn kernels then mix.
4. Mix in green onions and cilantro. Serve chilled.
This recipe provides protein that is needed for growth, development, and energy for the body.
Do not throw away the stalks of cilantro. They are packed with flavor so just be sure to chop finely as they are chewier than leaves.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
Please login to post your comment