Lumpiang Camaron Rebosado Recipe
This new twist on lumpia will delight the family.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood, Del Monte Pineapple & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 10
- 400 g pork, ground
- 3/4 Tbsp onion, red, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup singkamas, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup kinchay, finely chopped, packed
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 2 pcs egg
- 400 g lumpia wrapper, cut in half
- 400 g shrimp, heads removed, peeled with tail on
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose, dissolved in 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup oil, for frying
FOR THE SAUCE
- 3 pouches DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 2 cans DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (227g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp siling labuyo, chopped
1. Combine ground pork, onions, carrots, singkamas and kinchay. Mix well. Season with soy sauce, salt & pepper. Add the eggs and mix until ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
2. Get half of the lumpia wrapper, put 1/2 Tbsp of the mixture, top with suahe and 1/2 Tbsp of the mixture again, to cover the shrimp. To roll, place the tail of the shrimp hanging out of the straight end of wrapper. Fold the rounded end over and roll. Make sure to expose the tail of shrimp. Seal with flour and water mixture. Repeat process for the remaining ingredients.
3. Deep-fry camaron. Drain excess oil and set aside. Serve with sauce and pineapples on the side.
4. To make the sauce: simmer tomato sauce and reserved syrup. Add labuyo. Simmer until thick.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon