Pinasingawan na Halaan Recipe
This hearty soup is ready in just 15 minutes!
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1 kg clams (halaan), soak in cold water for 20 minutes to remove dirt, then drain
- 1/4 cup onion, red, sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (90g)
- 2 stalk tanglad, pounded and tied
- 1 cup water
1. Put halaan in a pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
This Pinasingawan na Halaan dish is high in iron which is necessary in making red blood cells, which transport oxygen around the body. It is also needed for normal metabolism.
Remove shells that remain closed after cooking. These are the clams that have gone bad and may cause foodborne illness.