Puto Bumbong Fiesta Recipe
Chef Jackie Ang Po has an easy recipe for everyone’s favorite holiday staple!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 10 mins.
Serving Size : 24
- 1 1/2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 6 Tbsp coconut
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp ube flavor
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained, medium dice
- 6 leaves banana leaf, heated to soften (8 x 11-inches or short bond paper)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar, muscovado
- 1/2 cup queso de bola
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained
- 1/2 cup coconut, grated
1. Combine first three ingredients. Add water and flavoring + coloring.
2. Fold in the DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail.
3. Divide the dough into two. Flatten the first one into a rectangle and slice it into strips (approx. 12 pieces) repeat with the other half.
4. Place 4 logs in a banana leaf, brush each with butter. Fold the leaf to secure the logs.
5. Repeat this process until you finish all the logs.
6. Steam everything together in a steamer, until the leaf has turned a darker color.
7. Serve hot, brush with butter, serve with muscovado sugar, queso de bola, more DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail, and fresh grated coconut.
Please login to post your comment