Shrimp and Chicken Gumbo Recipe
A southern classic, made the Del Monte way!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 28 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup chorizo pamplona, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 250 g chicken breast fillet, diced
- 1 cup okra, cut into 1/2-inch round slices
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 250 g shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on
1. Sauté chorizo in oil for 3 minutes.
2. Add onions, then garlic followed by the chicken. Sauté until chicken is slightly browned.
3. Add okra and corn, sauté for 5 minutes. Add chicken stock and DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce, salt, and pepper then simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add shrimps, simmer until cooked.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cups