Soy-Braised Chicken, Pineapple and Mushrooms Recipe
This classic Asian dish now has a pineapple twist.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 31 mins.
Serving Size : 32
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 1/4 kg chicken, breast fillet, cut into cubes
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1 cup Chinese cooking wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, fresh
- 4 can button mushroom, canned (400g), sliced into half
- 1 Tbsp powdered mustard, may substitute with 3 tablespoons of prepared mustard
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (822g), drained, reserve syrup
1. Sauté onion in oil until wilted. Add garlic, ginger, and chicken.
2. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, mirin, Chinese wine, reserved pineapple syrup, and water. Simmer.
3. Add mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Combine mustard and cornstarch mixture. Add to the pot. Stir and let simmer.
5. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks and simmer once.
This dish is a source of protein and niacin. Protein helps build and repair body tissues and is essential for growth while niacin helps improve circulation and suppresses inflammation.
Sauté onions before the garlic. Garlic burns faster and will have a bitter taste when sautéed before the onions.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spoon
Please login to post your comment