Stuffed Chicken with Longganisa Rice and Baked Corn Recipe
Chef JP Anglo gives us another delicious recipe fit for any occasion.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Condiments
- 1 kg chicken, whole
Rice Stuffing and Baked Corn
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 300 g longganisa, hamonado
- 3/4 cup onion, white, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups carrot, diced
- 2 pcs bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 kg rice
- 4 cups cooking liquid
- 3 cups water
- 3 pcs corn, yellow, cut into 2 lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp Contadina Pure Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp butter
- cooking broth
1. Put all ingredients for the cooking liquid in a pot large enough to fit a whole chicken. Bring to a boil. Put whole chicken into the pot and simmer for 45 minutes.
2. Remove the chicken from the broth and place it on a wire rack to cool. Reserve the broth.
3. For the Rice Stuffing: Sauté the longganisa in a pot with oil until crispy on the outside. Chop the longganisa into chunks and set aside.
4. In the same pot, sauté chopped onions and carrots until soft.
5. Add chopped longganisa, bay leaf, and the rice. Make sure to mix the oil well into the rice, then add 4 cups of cooking liquid and water. Bring to a boil and simmer covered until rice is cooked, about 45 minutes.
6. Drizzle corn with olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven or toaster for 20 - 25 minutes at 300°F. Set aside half of the corn and shred the other half.
7. Once the rice is cooked, mix in the shredded corn, chopped parsley and chopped tomatoes. Stuff the chicken with the rice mixture. The remaining rice will be served on the side.
8. Pre-heat your turbo broiler on high and cook chicken for 10 minutes or until skin is crisp and brown.
9. Make the gravy. Melt butter in a saucepan and add in flour. Stir to form a roux. Add in remaining cooking liquid and cook until thickened.
10. Serve the stuffed chicken with the remaining rice, corn, and gravy on the side.