Fish Guisado with Pineapple Recipe
Give your fish dish a tasty and healthy twist with some pineapples!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 33 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 8 pc tilapia, cleaned
- 2 tsp calamansi juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, white
- 3 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (432g)
- 1/2 cup water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp green onions, cut into 2-inch long strips
1. Season fish with calamansi juice, salt, and pepper. Pat dry and thinly coat the fish with flour. Fry the fish until golden brown. Set aside.
2. In a separate pan, sauté garlic, onion, and ginger for 3 minutes or until onion is translucent.
3. Add fish, soy sauce, DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks with syrup, and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with green onions.
Fish is a good source of protein that helps repair body tissues. This dish also contains niacin that promotes normal digestion and healthy skin.
Thinly coat the fish with flour to keep it from sticking to the pan as you fry. It also will give a thin crispy crust which will keep it from getting soggy in the sauce later on.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Wooden Spatula
- Measuring Cups
Please login to post your comment