Tortang Hipon at Piña Recipe
Cook this one-of-a-kind torta made with shrimps and pine!
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 23 mins.
Serving Size : 16
- 6 pcs eggplant
- 200 g shrimp, shelled, deveined and diced
- 4 pcs siling haba, seeded and chopped
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (432g), drained
- 8 pcs egg, beaten
- 6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper, black, ground
- 2/3 cup oil
1. Broil or grill the eggplants until cooked. Peel and discard stem then chop the flesh.
2. In a bowl, combine the eggplant, shrimp, sili, DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, eggs, flour, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
3. Heat the pan to medium to high heat. Pour 1/4 cup portions of the mixture in the pan and wait until the bottom side has browned and the eggs have set before flipping. The cooked torta will release itself from the pan when ready. Serve with DEL MONTE Ketchup.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon