Beef and Sausage Casserole Recipe
This hearty stew gets a pina-level up twist!
Tagal ng Paghahanda
Tagal ng Pagluluto
2 hrs. and 35 mins.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Pineapple
- 1 1/2 kg beef, round
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Tomato Paste (70g)
- 2 pc beef bouillon cube
- 5 cup water
- 2 Tbsp pickle relish
- 1 can liver spread
- 1 can chorizo de bilbao
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (227g)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, green
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
1. Marinate beef for 20 minutes.
2. Sauté garlic and onion in oil. Add DEL MONTE Tomato Paste and stir for 1 minute or until tomato paste browns.
3. Add beef with the marinade and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add beef cubes and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1 1/2 hours or pressure cook for 20 minutes.
5. Add pickles, liver spread, chorizo and chorizo oil. Cook for another 20 minutes. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks with syrup, bell peppers, and dissolved cornstarch. Simmer until thick.
6. Slice meat thinly and return to sauce. Serve.
This Beef And Sausage Casserole recipe is high in protein which is essential for growth and development. It is also high in vitamin A that maintains normal vision and healthy skin.
Sautéing the tomato paste until it browns gives the dish a deeper flavor.