Cream of Clam Soup Recipe
A hearty clam soup that's sure to be comforting on a rainy day.
Tagal ng Paghahanda
Tagal ng Pagluluto
- Del Monte Tomato Sauce
- 500 g clams (halaan)
- 3 cups water
- 2 Tbsp margarine
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk, evaporated
- 1/3 cup onion, red
- 100 g squash
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 3 stalks onion, green
1. Boil clams in water until shells are open. Drain, reserve 2 1/2 cups broth. Set aside.
2. Melt margarine in pan. Stir in flour, then add combined milk and 1/4 cup of clam broth gradually while stirring. Cook over low heat until smooth. Set aside.
3. Sauté onion, clam meat and squash. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, remaining clam broth, salt and pepper to taste. Stir. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in flour-milk mixture. Simmer with continuous stirring until just thicken. Top with green onions before serving.
This soup recipe contains iron needed for normal metabolism and in the formation of red blood cells that distribute oxygen to the rest of the body.
Discard clam shells that do not open after boiling. These are dead clams that might cause food poisoning.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon