Korean Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Kimchi Recipe
A Korean chicken dish made exciting with pineapples.
Tagal ng Paghahanda
Tagal ng Pagluluto
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
FOR THE PINEAPPLE KIMCHI
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (822g)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/4 cup onion, green
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 1 Tbsp chili flakes, korean
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple syrup
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy BBQ Marinade (200ml)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 500 g chicken, thigh fillet
1. To make the pineapple kimchi, mix all the ingredients. Chill.
2. In a bowl, combine DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Barbecue Marinade, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and green onions. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes. Grill until cooked through.
3. In a pot, simmer the remaining marinade until thick.
4. To serve, pour the sauce over the chicken then serve with pineapple kimchi.
This dish is a source of protein that not only helps in growth and development but also in regulating and maintaining proper fluid balance in the body.
To grill the chicken, grill the skin side first to have an even cooking and browning while the chicken is still flat. During cooking the chicken will shrink and warp so achieving a nice presentation will be challenging if the skin side is not grilled first. For the kimchi, use Korean chili flakes, also known as Gochugaru, this type of chili flakes is bright red with distinct flakes and will give the kimchi its characteristic look and taste.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Grill Pan
- Measuring Spoon