Pineapple-stuffed Lechon Belly Recipe
Chef JP Anglo gives an exciting twist to one of the most requested Pinoy recipes! It’s a must-try!
Tagal ng Paghahanda
Tagal ng Pagluluto
3 hrs. and 20 mins.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Pineapple
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups onion, red
- 3 pcs bell pepper, red
- 3 pcs leeks
- 1 can DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple (227g)
- 2 cans DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (227g)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2/3 cup garlic
- 3 kg pork belly
- 1/2 cup salt, rock
- 1/4 cup pepper, black
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 4 Tbsp patis
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp onion, red
- 1/2 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut meat
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut
- 3 tsp sugar, white
- 2 pcs siling labuyo
- 4 Tbsp DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple (227g)
1, Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. In coconut oil, grill onion, bell pepper, and onion leeks one by one, then set aside. In the same pan, grill Del Monte Pineapple Slices and Del Monte Pineapple Chunks separately until caramelized. Set aside.
3. To make garlic oil, heat coconut oil in medium-low heat and add garlic cloves. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until garlic has browned. Set aside the garlic cloves for the stuffing and the garlic oil for basting.
4. Prepare the lechon belly by pricking the skin with a meat tenderizer or paring knife. Rub rock salt on both sides of the pork belly. Season the meat side with pepper and desiccated coconut.
5. Meat side facing up, arrange the stuffing at the center of the belly: onions, onion leeks, garlic cloves, bell pepper, and Del Monte Pineaaple Chunks. Season with black pepper. Leave enough space at the top and bottom of the belly for rolling. Set aside any remaining vegetables for garnish.
6. Roll the meat and secure it with kitchen twine. Brush skin with garlic oil and place the lechon belly on a roasting pan with a rack. Roast for 2-3 hours. In the last 15 minutes, increase oven temperature to 400F. Use a thermometer to check for doneness. Lechon belly is cooked once temperature reaches 165F. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes.
7. Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce.
8 To serve, slice the lechon belly and brush with garlic oil. Garnish with remaining vegetables and the grilled Del Monte Pineapple Slices. Serve with sauce on the side.
Add a pinch of salt to the pineapples while grilling to counterbalance the sweetness.