Roast Pine-Pesto Chicken Recipe
A pina-level up take on roasted chicken for your next salu-salo
Tagal ng Paghahanda
Tagal ng Pagluluto
2 hrs. and 55 mins.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Pineapple
- 200 g basil, fresh
- 1 cup garlic
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple syrup
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 kg chicken, whole
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (822g)
- 1/2 cup drippings
- - reserved marinade from chicken
- - reserved pineapple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar, white
- 8 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
1. PESTO: Process basil leaves and garlic in a food processor or pound together using mortar and pestle until pasty. Mix with 1/2 cup of reserved pineapple syrup and olive oil. Set aside.
2. Rub chicken inside and outside skin with salt and pepper. Marinate in pesto for 1 hour or overnight.
3. Place the drained DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks in the chicken then close the cavity by securing it with toothpicks to keep the pineapple from spilling. Place the chicken on a pan then cover with foil. Roast in a preheated 375°F oven for 30 minutes. Then, remove the foil and roast for another 20 - 30 minutes so the chicken browns. Keep the drippings for the gravy.
4. GRAVY: Combine all ingredients and simmer until thick. Serve with chicken.
This dish is rich in protein and vitamin A. Protein aids in the formation of hormones, enzymes and antibodies. On the other hand, vitamin A promotes eye health and is needed for night vision.
Covering the chicken with foil during the first 30 minutes allows it to cook without browning too quickly.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon