Shrimp and Chicken Gumbo Recipe
A southern classic, made the Del Monte way!
Tagal ng Paghahanda
Tagal ng Pagluluto
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup chorizo pamplona
- 1/2 cup onion, red
- 1 tsp garlic
- 250 g chicken, breast fillet
- 1 cup okra
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 250 g shrimp
1. Sauté chorizo in oil for 3 minutes.
2. Add onions, then garlic followed by the chicken. Sauté until chicken is slightly browned.
3. Add okra and corn, sauté for 5 minutes. Add chicken stock and DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce, salt, and pepper then simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add shrimps, simmer until cooked.
This tasty dish provides calcium that helps build and strengthen bones and teeth. It also has iron which is essential for the normal metabolism of the body.
Gumbo is known for its thick, almost gravy-like sauce coming from the okra. Make sure to slice the okra just before cooking so that the thick slime from the vegetable goes into the dish to help thicken the sauce.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cups