Sweet and Sour Calamares Recipe
Make fried calamares more special with this recipe.
Tagal ng Paghahanda
Tagal ng Pagluluto
We’ve given our Calamares a piña-sarap na upgrade by including DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits and finishing it with a yummy sweet and sour sauce. Learn how to make Sweet and Sour Calamares with Del Monte today!
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
- 2 pc egg
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 kg squid
- 2 cup oil
- 1 tsp oil
- 2/3 cup carrot
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet and Sour Mix (57g)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g)
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red
- 1/2 cup leeks
- Mix eggs, cornstarch, salt, and pepper until smooth. Drain squid of any excess liquid. Combine with cornstarch mixture. Deep-fry pieces until golden brown. Drain oil in paper towels. Set aside.
- Stir-fry carrot in oil until cooked. Add dissolved DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet & Sour Mix and pineapple syrup mixture. Boil then simmer until thick.
- Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, bell pepper, and leeks. Pour over fried squid.
This Sweet And Sour Calamares dish is high in iron needed for the formation of red blood cells that distribute oxygen to the rest of the body. It is also high in vitamin A which is important for normal vision and healthy skin.
When deep-frying, fill the pan only halfway to avoid the oil from spilling over when you put in the calamares.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Deep Frying
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board