Tofu Nuggets in BBQ Sauce Recipe
A healthy alternative to chicken nuggets that still packs the flavor yet is very easy to do.
Tagal ng Paghahanda
Tagal ng Pagluluto
Looking for a healthy alternative to chicken nuggets? This Tofu Nuggets in BBQ Sauce recipe is exactly that! Plus, it gets a fruity kick, thanks to DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits. Learn how to cook Tofu Nuggets your kids will surely love today!
- Main Dish
- 300 g tofu
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pc egg
- 2 cup bread crumbs, Japanese
- 2 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, green
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g)
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy BBQ Marinade (200ml)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Coat tofu cubes in flour then dip in beaten eggs. Dip in bread crumbs.
- Fry the coated tofu in hot oil until golden brown. Set aside to drain on a tray lined with paper towels to remove excess oil.
- In a separate pan, heat oil. Sauté the onions, green and red bell peppers and DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits then set aside.
- Add the DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Barbecue Marinade, reserved pineapple syrup, and cornstarch mixture.
- Cook until thickened. Toss in the cooked tofu. Serve.
Did you know that tofu can be your low-cost, healthy alternative to meat? This dish also contains iron that is needed for normal metabolism and in making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
To add texture to the tofu, use Japanese bread crumbs instead of ordinary bread crumbs. Japanese bread crumbs are coarser which will contrast nicely against the silken tofu.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon