Baked Squid Spaghetti Recipe
Your next party must-have dish with a seafood twist.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Seafood & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time : 20 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 10 mins.
Serving Size : 11
- 1/2 cup garlic, crushed
- 4 1/2 Tbsp margarine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk, evaporated
- 1 1/8 cup water
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (500g)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 500 g squid, ink sac and eyes removed then sliced
- 2 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 1/8 cup green peas, frozen
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 3/4 cup bell pepper, red, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2/3 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (900g), cooked
- 1 1/4 cup cheese, grated
1. SAUCE: Sauté garlic in margarine until golden brown. Gradually stir in flour, milk and water. Add salt. Mix until smooth. Add DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce. Cook for 5 minutes with continuous stirring. Set aside.
2. FILLING: Sauté onion and squid in oil. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Add carrot, green peas, salt, pepper, and bell peppers. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in green onions.
3. Layer half of cooked DEL MONTE Spaghetti in an 8 x 8-inch square pan. Spread half of filling, sauce and cheese. Repeat with remaining half. Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 25 minutes.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cups