Beef and Rice Roll Up Recipe
This flavorful dish is great for baon or snacks!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 26 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 300 g beef, sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (250g)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 cup red kidney beans, cooked and drained
- 3 1/2 cups rice, cooked
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 pcs flour tortilla (6
- 1 cup cheese, coarsely grated
1. Season beef with salt.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, and beef in oil over high heat for 5 minutes. Add DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce, chili powder, and kidney beans. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add rice, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook while stirring for 2 minutes or until well-blended.
4. Heat flour tortillas in an ungreased pan for 2 minutes. Spoon about 1/3 cup of beef mixture in each tortilla. Top with cheese. Roll and serve.
This dish is high in calcium that helps in the formation and maintenance of strong bones and teeth. It is also a source of iron which is needed for normal metabolism and helps in maintaining healthy red blood cells.
If you do not have time to soak and cook dried beans, you may use canned beans.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment