Arroz Caldo A La Del Monte Recipe
A seafood twist to a classic Pinoy comfort food.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Rice, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 20 min.
Cooking Time : 47 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 500 g clams (halaan)
- 5 cups water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- patis, to taste
- 1/2 cup rice, malagkit, washed once
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup onion, green, chopped
1. Boil clams in water until shells are open. Remove meat from shells and set aside. Reserve 5 cups broth.
2. Sauté garlic in oil until brown. Set aside half for topping.
3. In the remaining half, add onion, ginger, clam meat, patis to taste, and malagkit rice. Sauté for 5 minutes.
4. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, reserved clam broth, and pepper to taste. Simmer, stirring occasionally until rice is cooked.
5. Top with green onions and reserved half of garlic just before serving.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon