Chicken Burrito Mechado Recipe
Ole! Your favorite burrito meets a classic Filipino recipe. You'll love the flavor explosion in every bite.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 20 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 12
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 500 g chicken, breast fillet, cut into strips
- patis, to taste
- 1/2 cup red kidney beans, cooked
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Mechado Sauce (80g)
FOR THE STUFFING
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 12 pcs flour tortilla (6-inch)
- 200 g lettuce, shredded
- 1/3 cup onion, white, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
1. Sauté chicken in oil for 3 minutes. Add patis to taste, kidney beans, and DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Mechado Sauce. Cook for 5 minutes while continuously stirring, until slightly dry. Set aside.
2. Stuffing: Sauté rice in oil for 2 minutes. Add taco seasoning. Cook while stirring for 5 minutes.
3. Heat flour tortillas in ungreased pan. Wrap a portion of each chicken mixture, rice mixture, lettuce, onion, and cheese. Roll, serve at once.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon