Chicken Burrito Mechado Recipe
Ole! Your favorite burrito meets a classic Filipino recipe. You'll love the flavor explosion in every bite.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 20 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 12
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 500 g chicken, breast fillet, cut into strips
- patis, to taste
- 1/2 cup red kidney beans, cooked
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Mechado Sauce (80g)
FOR THE STUFFING
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 12 pcs flour tortilla (6-inch)
- 200 g lettuce, shredded
- 1/3 cup onion, white, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
1. Sauté chicken in oil for 3 minutes. Add patis to taste, kidney beans, and DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Mechado Sauce. Cook for 5 minutes while continuously stirring, until slightly dry. Set aside.
2. Stuffing: Sauté rice in oil for 2 minutes. Add taco seasoning. Cook while stirring for 5 minutes.
3. Heat flour tortillas in ungreased pan. Wrap a portion of each chicken mixture, rice mixture, lettuce, onion, and cheese. Roll, serve at once.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon