Try this Pinoy version of meatloaf from Quezon Province.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 36 mins.
Serving Size : 10
- 1 pc egg, hard-boiled
- 2 1/2 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 500 g pork, ground
- 200 g cheesedog, diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 2 pc egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup carrot, diced
- 1 1/4 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g), drained, reserve some for garnish
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, diced but reserve some slices for garnish
- 1 1/4 cup gabi, coarsely grated
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1/3 cup pickle relish
- 3 3/4 Tbsp raisins
- 2 1/2 Tbsp liver spread
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- banana leaves, cut to fit the size of llanera (mold)
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- Cut hard boiled egg into wedges.
- Sauté garlic, onion, ground pork, and cheese dog for 2 minutes. Remove from flame. Combine with salt, pepper, beaten egg and remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Grease the llanera and line with banana leaves cut to fit the size of llanera. Garnish bottom with slices of cooked eggs, carrot, pineapple, and bell pepper. Pour the beaten egg into the bottom of the llanera. Pour meat mixture. Cover and steam for 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
This dish is high in vitamin A that helps protect one from infections and promotes normal growth and development. It is also a source of calcium for bone health.
The banana leaf will help to unmold the hardinera easily and will give a nice aroma to the dish.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board