Beef Caldereta Cups Recipe
Try this Pinoy fried wanton that's great for pica-pica!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Beef & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 45 mins.
Serving Size : 9
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup onion, red, chopped
- 500 g beef, ground
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Caldereta Sauce (80g), reserve 2 Tbsp for the sauce
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, chopped
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 36 pcs wonton wrapper, 3 1/2 x 3 1/2-inch
- 2 cups oil, for deep-frying
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup cheese spread
1. Sauté garlic, onion, and ground beef for 5 minutes or until meat is browned.
2. Add carrots and DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Caldereta Sauce. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until slightly dry, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the bell pepper, cream cheese, and green onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from flame. Set aside.
4. Fill each wonton with 1-1/2 Tbsp of the beef mixture (about 3/4 full). Gather the edges and press to seal to form a cup. Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
5. Transfer into a platter. Make the sauce by mixing the cheese spread and reserved caldereta sauce. Drizzle on top of wonton cups.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon