Easy Tomato Asado Recipe
Cook this easy, heartwarming dish on busy weeknights.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 42 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 3 pc sibuyas Tagalog/shallots, cut into half
- 1 Tbsp liver spread
- 350 g pork, kasim, cut into 2 x 2-inch chunks
- 1 Tbsp sugar, brown
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 2/3 cup water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup kamote, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
1. Sauté garlic and shallots for 2 minutes. Add liver spread, pork, and brown sugar. Sauté for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, stir then add laurel and water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer for 20 minutes or until pork is tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Add kamote and bell peppers. Simmer for 7 minutes.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board