Easy Tomato Asado Recipe
Cook this easy, heartwarming dish on busy weeknights.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 42 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 3 pc sibuyas Tagalog/shallots, cut into half
- 1 Tbsp liver spread
- 350 g pork, kasim, cut into 2 x 2-inch chunks
- 1 Tbsp sugar, brown
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 2/3 cup water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup kamote, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
1. Sauté garlic and shallots for 2 minutes. Add liver spread, pork, and brown sugar. Sauté for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, stir then add laurel and water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer for 20 minutes or until pork is tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Add kamote and bell peppers. Simmer for 7 minutes.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board