Beef With Two Kinds of Mushroom Recipe
Try this sauce-sarap combination of beef and mushroom!
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 9 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 300 g sliced 1/8-inch thick then cut into wide strips
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 2/3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 2 Tbsp oil
FOR THE SAUCE MIXTURE
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, white, sliced
- 2/3 cup carrot, sliced into half moons
- 3/4 cup button mushroom, canned, drained (reserve liquid) and each piece sliced into 3
- 1/2 cup straw mushroom, canned (425g), canned, drained then slice each piece in half
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp sugar, white
- 3/4 cup celery, sliced diagonally 1-inch long
1. Marinate beef for 30 minutes. Drain and reserve marinade.
2. Fry beef in batches in oil until cooked. Set aside.
3. Using the same pan, add 1 Tbsp oil if needed and sauté garlic, onion, and carrots until carrots are tender. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Set aside.
4. In the same pan, combine marinade, reserved mushroom liquid, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, water, soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to boil then simmer covered for 10 minutes over low heat.
5. Add meat and vegetable mixture. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Add celery. Simmer for 1 minute.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon