Hotdog Menudo Recipe
Here's a kid-friendly spin on the Filipino classic. Serve with rice or pan de sal.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 8 min.
Cooking Time : 53 mins.
Serving Size : 3
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp onion, red, sliced
- 2/3 cup pork, pigue, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup hotdog, sliced
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup carrot, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup potato, cut into cubes
- salt, to taste
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (90g)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into cubes
- 2 1/2 Tbsp green peas, frozen
- 1/4 cup raisins
1. Sauté garlic, onion and pork. Cook for 3 minutes. Add hotdog, water, carrot, potato and salt. Bring to a boil then simmer for 35 minutes or until the pork is tender.
2. Add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce, bell pepper, peas and raisins. Simmer for 8 minutes.
This dish is high in vitamin A that helps maintain normal vision and healthy skin. It is also source of iron needed for making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
After slicing the potato, make sure to soak them in water to avoid discoloration.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Wooden Spatula
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment