Chunky Chicken Pine Spread Recipe
A sandwich filler that’s equally sweet and zesty.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Chicken & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 28 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 300 g chicken, breast fillet
- 1/2 cup carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup celery leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, white, ground
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp wasabi paste (optional)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, white
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, sliced, reserve leaves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp onion, red, chopped
- 100 g lettuce
- 6 pc hamburger bun or baguette, sliced
1. Simmer chicken and carrot in reserved pineapple syrup, water, celery leaves, salt, and white pepper until just cooked. Drain and remove celery leaves. Cut chicken meat into cubes.
2. In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, wasabi, salt, and white pepper. Add the chicken, DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, bell pepper, celery, and onions.
3. Place a slice of lettuce on a hamburger bun or baguette and fill with the spread.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board