Classic Caldereta Recipe (Party)
Loved by everybody, this classic recipe is definitely a must-try!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 2 hrs. and 52 mins.
Serving Size : 30
- 3 1/2 kg beef shortribs, cut into serving portions
- 2/3 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/2 cup garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp peppercorn, crushed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/3 cup onion, sliced
- 4 pc siling labuyo, sliced
- 2/3 cup liver spread
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (1kg)
- 5 cup water
- 4 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 4 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1 1/3 cup green olives, pitted
- 4 pc whole pickle, sliced crosswise
- 2 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 2 cup bell pepper, green, cut into strips
- 3 cup green peas, frozen
- 1 cup cheese, grated
1. Marinate beef for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Drain and reserve marinade. Brown meat pieces in olive oil. Set aside meat. Discard excess oil.
2. In the same pan, sauté garlic from marinade, then add onion. Sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add beef, sili, and liver spread, then sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Add remaining marinade, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, laurel, and water. Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour or until beef is almost tender, stirring occasionally, adding more water if needed.
5. Add potatoes, olives, pickles, and bell peppers. Simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add frozen peas and cheese. Allow to simmer. Serve.
Cooking Skills Needed
Please login to post your comment