Braised Spareribs with Pineapple Recipe
A classic Korean dish gets an upgrade with sweet pineapple chunks that make the meat extra tender and extra delicious.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish & Pork
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 50 mins.
Serving Size : 7
- 650 g pork, liempo, cut into serving portions
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp rice wine
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (227g)
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tsp water
- 1 stalk leeks, sliced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
1. Season pork with salt. Brown in oil, then remove excess oil.
2. Add water, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, rice wine, and DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks including syrup. Bring to boil then simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is tender. Add dissolved cornstarch. Simmer until thick. Stir in leeks. Top with sesame seeds.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon