Serve this delicious Italian dish as appetizer or snack.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Beef & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 25 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 200 g beef, ground
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Italian Style Pizza Sauce (115g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 6 slices melting cheese, each cut into 4 squares
1. Sauté onion and beef for 5 minutes. Add DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Italian Pizza Sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook with continuous stirring for 5 minutes or until slightly dry. Set aside.
2. Spread cream cheese on each slice of bread, then spread 1-2 Tbsp sautéed filling. Top with bell pepper and cheese. Toast or bake until cheese melts.
This recipe is a source of calcium which is essential for bone health and is important in nerve transmission.
Before spreading, whip or cream the cream cheese that has been sitting at room temperature for 30 minutes. Creaming incorporates air into the cheese, making it easier to spread.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Oven Toaster
Please login to post your comment