Butter Chicken Recipe
Excite your tastebuds with this sauce-special Indian dish.
We’re putting our own spin on the traditional Butter Chicken recipe. Our take uses DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce to make it sauce-sarap. Learn how we cook our Buttered Chicken today!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 18 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 500 g chicken, thigh fillet
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Curry Mix (40g), dissolved in 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk, evaporated
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup cilantro, whole leaves
- In a pot, sauté the onion and garlic in oil until aromatic. Add the chicken then sauté until light brown.
- Add the DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, dissolved DEL MONTE Quick ‘n Easy Curry Mix, and salt. Let it simmer until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the evaporated milk then simmer for another minute. Turn the heat off then add the butter. Stir until butter melts.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula