Fish, Clam and Corn Chowder Recipe
A hearty seafood stew that brings warmth and comfort.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Soup, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 30 min.
Cooking Time : 25 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 240 g clams (halaan)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3/4 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 1/4 cup potato, cut into cubes
- 100 g tuna fillet, deboned and cubed
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn (410g), canned, drained
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose cream
- 2 1/3 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1. Make the clam stock by boiling halaan in 2 cups of water. When all of the shells have opened, drain the halaan. Reserve 2 cups of the stock.
2. Sauté garlic and onion. Sprinkle with flour. Cook for 1 minute over low heat, stirring continuously. Add bouillon cubes, reserved clam stock, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, and potato. Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
3. Add fish, halaan meat, corn, and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes more. Add all-purpose cream and parsley, stirring continuously. Cook for 2 minutes.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board