DEL MONTE Red Pochero Recipe
Let your family come home to this hearty Pinoy stew.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 2 hrs. and 30 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup onion, red, sliced
- 350 g beef, round, cut into serving portions
- 3 cup water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 120 g potato, cut into chunks
- 2 pc banana, saba, semi-ripe, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup garbanzos, cooked
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 bunch pechay Tagalog
- Sauté onion and beef for 5 minutes. Add water and DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat until beef is almost tender.
- Add potatoes, saba, and garbanzos. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes and saba are tender.
- Add pechay. Simmer for 5 minutes or until pechay is cooked.
This DEL MONTE Red Pochero dish is rich in iron for making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body. It is also rich in vitamin A which promotes normal growth and development.
Choose relatively cheaper cuts of beef that are tougher and have connective tissue or "litid" like round, kenchi, or even kalitiran. When cooked slowly, these beef cuts turn tender and the "litid" melts in your mouth.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board