Cashew Crusted Fish with Sautéed Spinach Recipe
They will go nuts for this fabulous fish recipe!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 36 mins.
Serving Size : 6
FOR THE CRUST
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts, ground and toasted
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp parsley, lightly chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 1 kg tilapia (approximately 3 pieces), filleted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 2 Tbsp milk, evaporated
- 1 cup oil, for frying
FOR THE SAUTÉED SPINACH
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp onion, white, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1/2 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 3/4 cup water
- 500 g spinach, use soft stems and leaves only
1. Combine ingredients for crust. Set aside.
2. Season fish with salt and pepper. Dip in milk then dredge in crust mixture. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Sautéed spinach: Sauté garlic until golden brown. Set aside. Sauté onion then add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, bouillon cube and cornstarch mixture. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Add spinach and cook until spinach is slightly wilted.
4. Pour sautéed spinach on fish just before serving. Top with fried garlic.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Materials
- Wooden Spatula