Vegetable Atchara Recipe
Learn how to make this popular Filipino side-dish with this recipe.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Vegetable & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 12 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 2/3 cup carrot, peeled and cut into strips
- 2/3 cup singkamas, peeled and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, green, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 7 pc sibuyas Tagalog/shallots, peeled, whole
- 1 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g), drained
FOR THE SYRUP
- 1/2 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar, white
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Arrange vegetables and DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits in a sterilized jar.
2. Combine syrup ingredients and simmer uncovered over low heat (without stirring) for 5 minutes.
3. Pour over vegetables mixture while still hot then cover.
This vegetable dish is a good source of vitamin A that helps keep the immune system healthy, and of vitamin C that helps enhance the absorption of iron in the body.
Sealing the jars of preserved fruits or vegetables while hot prevents bacteria from entering. Atchara is best served after 2 days so the flavors are better infused.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment