Chips and Dip Recipe
Prepare a perfect TV or movie treat for kids and kids-at-heart.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Beef & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time : 17 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup onion, red, chopped
- 100 g beef, ground
- 1/4 cup button mushroom, canned, sliced
- 1/2 cup DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (250g)
- 5 cup nachos or tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup cheese spread
- sour cream, optional
- Sauté onion and beef until cooked. Add mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce. Cook while stirring for 5 minutes or until slightly dry. Set aside.
- Arrange chips on plate. Top with sautéed mixture and tomatoes. Drizzle with cheese spread. Serve with sour cream if desired. Serve immediately.
This Chips and Dip dish contains calcium needed for bone health and vitamin A that helps keep the immune system healthy.
For a really beefy sauce, lightly toast the ground beef and mushrooms. Toasting the meat caramelizes the proteins and sugars that release a deeper and meatier taste.
Cooking Skills Needed