Creamy Tuna Spaghetti Recipe
Keep it tasty and healthy with this savory pasta!
Tuna is packed with good fat called omega 3. Get your daily dose of it through this yummy Tuna Pasta recipe from Del Monte. Learn how to cook Tuna Pasta your family will surely approve of!
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 20 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 can tuna flakes in oil (184g), drained
- 1 pc beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup button mushroom, canned, drained, sliced
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, green, cut into cubes
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (250g)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3/4 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (400g), cooked
- Sauté onion in butter. Add tuna, bouillon cube, mushrooms, and bell peppers. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce. Cover and bring to a boil and turn down to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add all-purpose cream, basil, half of cheese, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour over cooked DEL MONTE Spaghetti. Top with remaining cheese.
Pasta is a source of carbohydrates that provides the body with energy as well as fuel for the brain and nerves. This Creamy Tuna Spaghetti dish also provides calcium for bone health.
To prevent basil from turning black after chopping, you can opt to tear them into shreds. Chopping bruises the leaves which makes them turn black.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups