Chicken Balls in Tomato Sauce Recipe
The classic bola-bola dish gets a healthier upgrade!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 6
FOR THE CHICKEN BALLS
- 300 g chicken, breast fillet, chopped
- 150 g tokwa, mashed
- 1/2 cup potato, coarsely grated
- 1 pc egg
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp pepper
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sayote, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 cup water
- 2 stalks green onions, cut into 1-inch strips
- Combine ingredients for chicken balls with salt and pepper. Mix well. Form every tablespoon of mixture into balls. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- For the sauce, sauté onion. Add bouillon cube, carrot, sayote, and salt. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce and water. Boil then simmer for another 10 minutes. Add meatballs. Allow to simmer. Top with green onions.
This Chicken Balls in Tomato Sauce dish is high in vitamin A that helps protect one from infections and promotes normal growth and development. Vitamin A also helps maintain healthy skin and normal vision.
The potato acts as an extender to the meat and also as a starch that will help bind the chicken balls.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon