Chicken Binakol Recipe
A popular Visayan soup dish that's deliciously light, sweet, and tasty.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 40 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 500 g chicken, whole, cut into serving portions
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 2/3 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 3 stalk tanglad, pounded
- 3/4 cup buko water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 pc buko, cut into 2x1-inch strips
1. Place DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and all ingredients except buko meat in a casserole. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes. Add buko meat and cook for 5 minutes.
This Chicken Binakol local dish is a source of niacin that supports the nervous system and helps maintain normal structure of the skin.
The best buko to use for this recipe is "mala-kanin" which has a firmer and meatier texture that can stand the simmering of the soup.
Please login to post your comment