Chicken Festive Recipe
Surprise the family with this creamy chicken dish for your salu-salo.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 45 mins.
Serving Size : 24
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/8 cup all-purpose cream
- 2 1/4 kg chicken, whole, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 3 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup button mushroom, canned, sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, red, cut into cubes
- 1 cup bell pepper, green, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted, sliced crosswise
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (500g)
- salt, to taste
1. WHITE SAUCE: Heat half of butter. Add all-purpose flour. Cook over low heat while stirring until light brown. Gradually add water, stirring until smooth. Add the onion and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Add the all-purpose cream then turn off the heat.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sauté garlic and mushrooms in remaining butter. Add chicken. Cook until slightly browned.
3. Add bell peppers, olives, DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce, and salt to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Add white sauce. Stir once. Sprinkle with parsley.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cups