Chicken Kare-Kare Recipe
Enjoy kare-kare every day with this 3-step recipe!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 21 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 500 g chicken, thigh fillet
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup onion, white, chopped
- 1 Tbsp bagoong alamang
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g), dissolved in 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups eggplant, sliced 1/2-inch thick diagonally, blanched
- 2 cups pechay Tagalog, blanched
- 2 cups sitaw/yardlong beans, 2 1/2 inches long, blanched
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper then fry for 4 minutes on each side. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, remove excess oil then sauté garlic and onion until aromatic.
3. Add bagoong then sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add the dissolved DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix and dissolved cornstarch. Stir. Simmer until thick.
5. Add the chicken then simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Serve with blanched vegetables on the side or top.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Mixing Bowl