Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe
Bits of pineapple add a refreshing twist to this classic chicken macaroni salad. It's a must-have at celebrations and great for merienda, too!
Christmas is not complete without the Chicken Macaroni Salad. Just like spaghetti, Filipinos got the Chicken Macaroni Salad recipe from the Americans and have adapted it to our Filipino tastes. Once you learn how to make Chicken Macaroni salad, you can easily double or triple this recipe for any gathering or occasion!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta & Del Monte Pasta
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 5 mins.
Serving Size : 30
- 3 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 kg DEL MONTE Salad Macaroni (1Kg), cooked
- 600 g chicken, breast fillet, cooked and diced
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (822g), drained, reserve syrup
- 2 cup bell pepper, red, diced
- 2 cup carrot, peeled, boiled, and diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pickle relish
- 2 cup raisins
- 2 cup celery, peeled, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- white pepper, to taste
- 2 cup cheese, processed, diced
- Combine mayonnaise and reserved pineapple syrup.
- Combine all ingredients and 3/4 of the cheese.
- Chill then top with the remaining cheese.
This salad is a source of vitamin A which helps maintain normal vision and healthy skin. It also has iron needed in the formation of red blood cells that distribute oxygen to the rest of the body.
The reserved syrup makes the consistency of the mayonnaise thinner and easier to mix with the other ingredients. It also adds additional moisture to the salad.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment