Chicken Curry ni Nia Recipe
Achieve delicious curry the easy way, tulad kay ka-Kitchenomics Nia
Cooking can be intimidating for beginner cooks. But with the right partner in the kitchen, it can be easily achieved. Ka-Kitchenomics Nia Tan shows us that re-creating her favorite chicken curry can be so easy, thanks to Del Monte Quick N Easy Curry Mix!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish & Chicken
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 30 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup marble potato, washed and scrubbed
- 1 cup carrot, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp ginger, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, green, diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, diced
- 750 g chicken, thigh quarter, sliced into thigh and leg
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Curry Mix (40g), dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 5 pcs bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 tsp pepper, black
- 1 Tbsp siling labuyo
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a pan over medium heat, fry the potatoes in oil until cooked. Set aside to drain. Then, using the same pan, fry the carrots until lightly golden. Set aside.
- Remove excess oil in the pan except 2 tablespoons for sautéing. Sauté the ginger until aromatic. Add the onion and sauté until translucent then add the garlic and continue sautéing for 1 minute. Add the bell peppers and sauté for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the dissolved DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Curry Mix and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any bits sticking to it and to make sure the sauce is smooth. Add the coconut cream, bay leaves, pepper, and siling labuyo then simmer in the covered pot for 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Season with salt. Add the potatoes and carrots and simmer for 1 minute to heat the vegetables through and allow them to absorb the sauce.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Paper Towel
- Rubber Spatula