Chicken Pine Curry Recipe
Your favorite chicken curry with pineapple goodness.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 50 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 1 kg chicken, thigh and leg
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup ginger, sliced
- 2/3 cup onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup patis
- 3 cup thin coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp milk, evaporated
- 3 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 2/3 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (432g), drained, reserve syrup
- patis, to taste
1. Marinate chicken in curry powder for 15 minutes in the chiller.
2. Sauté garlic, ginger, and onion in oil. Add chicken and patis. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the reserved pineapple syrup and coconut milk. Boil then allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
3. Add evaporated milk and potatoes. Allow to boil then simmer for about 10 minutes. Add bell pepper, DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks and patis to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
This dish is high in iron which is needed for normal metabolism. It is also a source of vitamin C that helps in wound healing and in keeping gums healthy.
After adding the patis, make sure to wait until the patis and liquid from the chicken meat have evaporated before adding the pineapple syrup. This helps in removing the "lansa" from the chicken.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment